Skip to main content

How to Make Google Chrome run as Root User in Kali Linux

Hey guys, If you are reading this, then I know that you wanna know that how to run Google Chrome as a root user on Linux. Well, this is the right place to know that. You already know that Chrome can't run when you are using your Linux as a superuser, but it can run with "-no-sandbox" flag. So, we have to options here which we will be discussing in this post. So let's get started...


As I just mentioned that we have two options to run chrome when we are root.
  • The first option is, that we use terminal to run Chrome with "-no-sandbox" flag.
  • And the second option is, that we make some changes to the desktop entry file.
Let's start with the first method.

Run Chrome from Terminal

  • First open your terminal window and run this command
google-chrome -no-sandbox
Chrome run command

Hopefully this will be able to run chrome. The problem with this is, that every time you close Google Chrome completely you are gonna have to re-run the command from terminal, which can be exhausting. That's when method 2 comes in to save the day.

Edit the Desktop Entry File

This method is what I use. It is more convenient.
  • Open your terminal and run the command given below (if you don't have leafpad installed, then please go ahead and install that first, or use any other text editor program)
sudo leafpad /usr/share/applications/google-chrome.desktop

leafpad command
  • This will open Chrome's Desktop Entry file in leafpad. 
  • Now scroll down a bit till you see
Exec=/usr/bin/google-chrome-stable %U
  • Now you need to change this line with
Exec=/usr/bin/google-chrome-stable -no-sandbox 
google-chrome.desktop file
  • Save the file. And you are good to go.


This is it guys, hope this post helps you.
Now, you can help us. And you don't have to pay or anything like that. All you have to do is like us and share us on social media. There is Facebook widget on the top right of the page, sitting there and waiting for you to click. Just hit that like button and also share us.
Thank you.

Comments

  1. your solution is not working .. check this out - https://hacktohow.blogspot.com/2017/11/how-to-run-google-chrome-as-root-user.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Fix Bluetooth not Working in Kali Linux

Hello everyone, how are you guys? Good? Cool. Quick question, Do you like our new theme? Let us know in the comments. so this article is for you if you are running Linux and your Bluetooth is not working. So I am here to help you fix that. It will be up and running in no time.

How to Flash TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Star Advance (SM-G350E)

Hi guys, I am back with another flashing guide. I had this Samsung phone lying around, so I thought about experimenting on it with custom rom. So I started searching for custom recovery, and I find out that this device is not officially supported by TWRP, but I got my hands on unofficial build of TWRP. Well I have to tell you, flashing TWRP on this device wasn't an easy task (mainly because, their isn't any simple guide available).

How to Fix Linux Boot stuck at initramfs

Last night I was using linux mint and it was working fine until I rebooted my pc and saw this And I was like What? What the hell is that? And mint wasn't booting up. So I did what we all do. Yup, Google! And I found this working solution. Now you must be wondering if there is already a solution available on the internet why the hell did you write this post? Mainly because it was all scattered around in pieces and I wanted to put it all together. Now let's fix this.