Skip to main content

How to Speed up Slow "apt update" on Kali Linux

For the past month, I was getting very slow downloading speed when I was trying to update my Linux, so slow that I literally wasn't able to update my pc. First I thought that the problem was with my internet but soon I realized, that wasn't the case. So I figured the problem must be with the servers. So I started searching for the alternate repositories. After applying the alternate repositories, my downloads were significantly higher.
linux update

Change the dependencies

  • First, you need to open the terminal and run this command.

 sudo leafpad /etc/apt/sources.list

  •  If you don't have Leafpad installed use some other text editor.
  • Now in the sources.list file change the "http" with "repo" 
deb http://repo.kali.org/kali kali-rolling main contrib non-free

  •  save the file and run sudo apt update.

If you are also having the same problem, this solution will fix it.
Thanks for reading this article. I will see you soon.


Comments

  1. repo kam nahi karta hai bhai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I checked it isn't working anymore. Thanks for letting me know I will either update it or take down this article.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Fix Bluetooth not Working in Kali Linux

Hello everyone, how are you guys? Good? Cool. Quick question, Do you like our new theme? Let us know in the comments. so this article is for you if you are running Linux and your Bluetooth is not working. So I am here to help you fix that. It will be up and running in no time.

How to Flash TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Star Advance (SM-G350E)

Hi guys, I am back with another flashing guide. I had this Samsung phone lying around, so I thought about experimenting on it with custom rom. So I started searching for custom recovery, and I find out that this device is not officially supported by TWRP, but I got my hands on unofficial build of TWRP. Well I have to tell you, flashing TWRP on this device wasn't an easy task (mainly because, their isn't any simple guide available).

How to Fix Linux Boot stuck at initramfs

Last night I was using linux mint and it was working fine until I rebooted my pc and saw this And I was like What? What the hell is that? And mint wasn't booting up. So I did what we all do. Yup, Google! And I found this working solution. Now you must be wondering if there is already a solution available on the internet why the hell did you write this post? Mainly because it was all scattered around in pieces and I wanted to put it all together. Now let's fix this.