Skip to main content

How to Fix Linux Boot stuck at initramfs

Last night I was using linux mint and it was working fine until I rebooted my pc and saw this
And I was like What? What the hell is that? And mint wasn't booting up. So I did what we all do. Yup, Google! And I found this working solution. Now you must be wondering if there is already a solution available on the internet why the hell did you write this post? Mainly because it was all scattered around in pieces and I wanted to put it all together. Now let's fix this.

Why did it happened?

This can happen if you have dual booted linux with windows on an NTFS partition and Windows was Incorrectly shutdown.

How to Fix this

To fix this you need to figure out which drive is corrupted and needs to repaired.
I found this solution on ask ubuntu where he said and I am just gonna quote him "While at initramfs console, I passed a command exit to come out of the shell. The same console was presented before me but this time with the exact name of the partition that got corrupted." 
And that's what I did, I ran the exit and it showed me the drive that was corrupted.
Now all you need to do is run this command
fsck /dev/mapper/ubuntu--vg-root -y 
If you use -y fsck will automatically answer "yes" to all questions.
Now restart your system and you should be able to boot normally. After login update your system and you should be good to go.

And this article ends here.
Thank you guys for reading this article and if you could then please like and share us on social network. Thank you guys again, see you next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Fix Bluetooth not Working in Kali Linux

Hello everyone, how are you guys? Good? Cool. Quick question, Do you like our new theme? Let us know in the comments. so this article is for you if you are running Linux and your Bluetooth is not working. So I am here to help you fix that. It will be up and running in no time.

How to Flash TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Star Advance (SM-G350E)

Hi guys, I am back with another flashing guide. I had this Samsung phone lying around, so I thought about experimenting on it with custom rom. So I started searching for custom recovery, and I find out that this device is not officially supported by TWRP, but I got my hands on unofficial build of TWRP. Well I have to tell you, flashing TWRP on this device wasn't an easy task (mainly because, their isn't any simple guide available).