Skip to main content

How to Enable Transparent Start Menu, Taskbar, and Action Center

Hey Guys, How are you? I know, it's been a while since I last posted here. And I know you were all waiting for something awesome to show up. Guys, the wait is over. By the way, Are you using windows 10?  And do you have a transparent Start Menu? If you are using windows 10 and you don't have a transparent menu, then you are gonna love this post. Today gentleman, I am gonna teach you how to convert that boring solid coloured Start menu into a sleek, transparent and beautiful Start menu. You are gonna love it.


There are two methods to do this. Let's start with the easier one.

1. Enable Transparency in Settings

Guys make sure you have the latest version of Windows 10, because, I don't think this option was available before. If it is not there for you, then go ahead and try the 2nd method, and if that works, then please let me know. Ok, Let's do this.

  • Open Settings (Windows Key + I). And Click on "Personalization".

Settings
  • Now, Select "Colors" in Personalization window and scroll down till you see "Transparency effects". Turn the Transparency effect on and check the "Start, Taskbar, and Action center" box.
Personalization window

And you are done. However this will not increase transparency by so much. So, if you want to further increase the transparency of Start Menu, Taskbar, and Action Center follow method 2.

2. Enable Transparency using Windows Registry Editor

  • Press "Windows key + R" to open Run, then type "regedit" and click on "OK" to open Registry Editor.

run box
  • Now, In the Registry Editor navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT _USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize 
regedit
  •  Now, You will see "Enable Transparency" Key. Double-click on it and change the DWORD value from 1 to 0 and click "OK".
Registry value

And you are done. If you want to go back to the previous state, then again change the value of "Enable Transparency" key back to 1.


That's it guys, I hope you find this post helpful. You can like us on facebook. Enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Fix Bluetooth not Working in Kali Linux

Hello everyone, how are you guys? Good? Cool. Quick question, Do you like our new theme? Let us know in the comments. so this article is for you if you are running Linux and your Bluetooth is not working. So I am here to help you fix that. It will be up and running in no time.

How to Flash TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Star Advance (SM-G350E)

Hi guys, I am back with another flashing guide. I had this Samsung phone lying around, so I thought about experimenting on it with custom rom. So I started searching for custom recovery, and I find out that this device is not officially supported by TWRP, but I got my hands on unofficial build of TWRP. Well I have to tell you, flashing TWRP on this device wasn't an easy task (mainly because, their isn't any simple guide available).

How to Fix Linux Boot stuck at initramfs

Last night I was using linux mint and it was working fine until I rebooted my pc and saw this And I was like What? What the hell is that? And mint wasn't booting up. So I did what we all do. Yup, Google! And I found this working solution. Now you must be wondering if there is already a solution available on the internet why the hell did you write this post? Mainly because it was all scattered around in pieces and I wanted to put it all together. Now let's fix this.