Skip to main content

How To Host A Website For Free

If you want to host a website for free then today's article is for you (actually it is for everyone). While building my website I wanted to try my website over different devices, so I started searching for free website hosting service and I found one. As I won't be getting any traffic on it so free web hosting was perfect for me. So here I am telling you how to do that if you want to host/test your website for free. So without wasting any more time let's get started, shall we...



1. Hosting free website:

  • First, you need to sign up on Hostinger (Hostinger no longer provide free hosting anymore, sign up on 000webhost instead).
  • Choose your free plan and complete the process (Just to let you know Hostinger is free, and you will get 2000 MB of disk space and 100 GB of Bandwidth with 99% uptime).
  • After successful sign up you will get an option to create your domain. There you need to select "free subdomain" then enter your website name (whatever you like), a password to access files on the server and that is about it. (In case you don't automatically redirected to hosting account page, then go to "Hosting" tab and select "New Hosting Account").
  • After you have successfully created your hosting account, go to "Hosting" tab and click on your hosting account listed there and select Manage.
  • Under "files" select "FTP Access"
  • There you will get your FTP details to transfer your HTML pages to server note these down somewhere you are gonna need them.

2. Setting up FTP client:

  • Now you have completed your website hosting process, all you need to do now is transfer your website to the server and to that you are gonna need an FTP client, and FileZilla will do just fine.
  • So go and download FileZilla FTP client from here.
  • Open the above website and click on "Download FileZilla client: all platform" , download and install the executable file from the website.
  • After successfully installing FileZilla open it and click on "file>>SiteManager..."
  • A pop-up window will appear, there click on "New Site" and fill up your web server details from FTP Access page that you have noted previously.
  • Click on "Connect", FileZilla will establish a connection with the server.
  • On the left window inside FileZilla is your local computer and on the right side is your server.
  • Simply drag and drop your website data to your server and after the successful transfer of data visit your website.

And this is it, you have successfully hosted your website for free. And I hope you find this article helpful. In case you have any questions please let us know in the comment section we will be happy to help.
Please guys if you find this article helpful share it on your facebook, twitter and google plus. And you can also like our facebook page so that you don't miss new articles from us. Goodbye till the next time.

Comments

  1. Webcare360 Provides you safe and secure cheap Offshore Hosting Best offshore hosting and best offshore Hosting with 99.9% Up time Guarantee, with Ddos protection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Fix Bluetooth not Working in Kali Linux

Hello everyone, how are you guys? Good? Cool. Quick question, Do you like our new theme? Let us know in the comments. so this article is for you if you are running Linux and your Bluetooth is not working. So I am here to help you fix that. It will be up and running in no time.

How to Flash TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Star Advance (SM-G350E)

Hi guys, I am back with another flashing guide. I had this Samsung phone lying around, so I thought about experimenting on it with custom rom. So I started searching for custom recovery, and I find out that this device is not officially supported by TWRP, but I got my hands on unofficial build of TWRP. Well I have to tell you, flashing TWRP on this device wasn't an easy task (mainly because, their isn't any simple guide available).

How to Fix Linux Boot stuck at initramfs

Last night I was using linux mint and it was working fine until I rebooted my pc and saw this And I was like What? What the hell is that? And mint wasn't booting up. So I did what we all do. Yup, Google! And I found this working solution. Now you must be wondering if there is already a solution available on the internet why the hell did you write this post? Mainly because it was all scattered around in pieces and I wanted to put it all together. Now let's fix this.