Skip to main content

How To Get "Open Command Window Here" Button Back

After updating my Windows 10 to the creators update I find out that microsoft have removed the "Open Command Window here" from the context menu and replaced it with windows PowerShell Which by the way I did not liked (I like working with that black background), sure I could have just opened the command prompt and changed the directory to where I wanted it to be, But who the hell has that much time. So in order make my life easier I started searching how to get it back. And yes! you guessed it, I found what I was looking for. here I am sharing that with you guys.



Add Command Prompt to the context menu

You can get "Open command window here" in the context menu by tweaking your Registry settings.



Copy the following code into a text file and save it as anything.reg. Make sure to add .reg as file extension.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cmdprompt]
@="@shell32.dll,-8506"
"Extended"=""
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cmdprompt\command]
@="cmd.exe /s /k pushd \"%V\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\cmdprompt]
@="@shell32.dll,-8506"
"Extended"=""
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\cmdprompt\command]
@="cmd.exe /s /k pushd \"%V\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\cmdprompt]
@="@shell32.dll,-8506"
"Extended"=""
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\cmdprompt\command]
@="cmd.exe /s /k pushd \"%V\""

Double click on the file to apply the registry settings.
And this will add Command Window button to the context menu.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Fix Bluetooth not Working in Kali Linux

Hello everyone, how are you guys? Good? Cool. Quick question, Do you like our new theme? Let us know in the comments. so this article is for you if you are running Linux and your Bluetooth is not working. So I am here to help you fix that. It will be up and running in no time.

How to Flash TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Star Advance (SM-G350E)

Hi guys, I am back with another flashing guide. I had this Samsung phone lying around, so I thought about experimenting on it with custom rom. So I started searching for custom recovery, and I find out that this device is not officially supported by TWRP, but I got my hands on unofficial build of TWRP. Well I have to tell you, flashing TWRP on this device wasn't an easy task (mainly because, their isn't any simple guide available).

How to Fix Linux Boot stuck at initramfs

Last night I was using linux mint and it was working fine until I rebooted my pc and saw this And I was like What? What the hell is that? And mint wasn't booting up. So I did what we all do. Yup, Google! And I found this working solution. Now you must be wondering if there is already a solution available on the internet why the hell did you write this post? Mainly because it was all scattered around in pieces and I wanted to put it all together. Now let's fix this.