Skip to main content

Fix Brightness Control In Linux Mint and Ubuntu

After I installed Linux Mint on my Dell Inspiron, One function that was not working was brightness control feature. I was not able to change the brightness settings using function keys. After searching online for the issue I find out that there is a bug related to Intel Graphics card. So I searched for the fix and found a solution that worked for me and can work for you too, If you have the same problem.



Find Video Card Running On Your Machine

Run the command below in the terminal to find what video card is used for the brightness control:
ls /sys/class/backlight/ 


 Fix Brightness Control Issue With Intel Card

Open terminal and use this command to create a configuration file, if it does not exist:

sudo touch /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf

Now we need to edit this configuration file, You can use any text editor:


 sudo gedit /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf

Now add the following lines to the configuration file:


Section "Device"
        Identifier  "card0"
        Driver      "intel"
        Option      "Backlight"  "intel_backlight"
        BusID       "PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection

Save it. Logout and login again for the changes to take effect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Fix Bluetooth not Working in Kali Linux

Hello everyone, how are you guys? Good? Cool. Quick question, Do you like our new theme? Let us know in the comments. so this article is for you if you are running Linux and your Bluetooth is not working. So I am here to help you fix that. It will be up and running in no time.

How to Flash TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Star Advance (SM-G350E)

Hi guys, I am back with another flashing guide. I had this Samsung phone lying around, so I thought about experimenting on it with custom rom. So I started searching for custom recovery, and I find out that this device is not officially supported by TWRP, but I got my hands on unofficial build of TWRP. Well I have to tell you, flashing TWRP on this device wasn't an easy task (mainly because, their isn't any simple guide available).

How to Fix Linux Boot stuck at initramfs

Last night I was using linux mint and it was working fine until I rebooted my pc and saw this And I was like What? What the hell is that? And mint wasn't booting up. So I did what we all do. Yup, Google! And I found this working solution. Now you must be wondering if there is already a solution available on the internet why the hell did you write this post? Mainly because it was all scattered around in pieces and I wanted to put it all together. Now let's fix this.