Skip to main content

How to share data between PC over LAN

There comes a time when you have to share bulk of data between PC. Now you can surely use a pendrive copy data in it and again copy from it and if you have a pendrive with low memory you might have to repeat the process several times, which consumes a lot of time. So there is another option which is hand, easy to set up, takes less amount of time and looks super cool. So today gentleman I am going to show you how to transfer data between PC over the lan cable.


Set up LAN connection

  • Connect both your pc with a lan cable. And follow the steps on both pc.
    •  Now open "Network and Sharing center" and click on "Change adapter settings".
    • Right click on "Ethernet" and select Properties.
     
    •  In properties select "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and click on properties.

    • In properties, select "Use the following ip address" and enter these ip.
    First Computer: 
    IP Address: 192.168.0.3
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0


    Second Computer:
    IP Address: 192.168.0.5
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    • Save the settings.
    •  Now open My computer and right click on the folder you want to share.
    • Select "Share with > Specific People".

     

    • By doing this File Sharing window will open. Now select "Everyone" From the drop down list and click on Add.

    • Click on Share button and then Done.
    Now you have completed the set up process. Go to second computer and open Network. There you will find your first computer, double click on it enter username and password if prompted and copy your files.

    Note: If you can't find your pc in the Network folder then go to Network and sharing center and click on "Advance sharing settings" there select the radio button "Turn on network discovery" and "Turn on files and printer sharing". If the problem still exist please check your settings again.

    That's it guys. Now you can share files between pc using lan cable.
    If you have any prblems fell free to ask in the comment section below.

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    How to Fix Bluetooth not Working in Kali Linux

    Hello everyone, how are you guys? Good? Cool. Quick question, Do you like our new theme? Let us know in the comments. so this article is for you if you are running Linux and your Bluetooth is not working. So I am here to help you fix that. It will be up and running in no time.

    How to Flash TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Star Advance (SM-G350E)

    Hi guys, I am back with another flashing guide. I had this Samsung phone lying around, so I thought about experimenting on it with custom rom. So I started searching for custom recovery, and I find out that this device is not officially supported by TWRP, but I got my hands on unofficial build of TWRP. Well I have to tell you, flashing TWRP on this device wasn't an easy task (mainly because, their isn't any simple guide available).

    How to Fix Linux Boot stuck at initramfs

    Last night I was using linux mint and it was working fine until I rebooted my pc and saw this And I was like What? What the hell is that? And mint wasn't booting up. So I did what we all do. Yup, Google! And I found this working solution. Now you must be wondering if there is already a solution available on the internet why the hell did you write this post? Mainly because it was all scattered around in pieces and I wanted to put it all together. Now let's fix this.