Skip to main content

How To Create Wi-Fi Hotspot Using Command Prompt

Some of you might want to share our Internet Connection across devices using WiFi hotspot feature. Good news is we can do that using the command prompt. So in this post, I will show you how to create Wi-Fi hotspot using command prompt on windows (Obviously!).


Steps to create Wi-Fi hotspot : 

  • Press and hold the Windows Key and R at the same time to open Run windows.
  • Type cmd in the run box then hit "Enter" or "OK". This will open the command prompt.
  •  Type the command 
                   netsh wlan show drivers
    
      This command will generate some output. In the output check for
                         Hosted network supported : Yes
             If this shows yes that means your pc supports hosted network and can be used to create Wi-Fi hotspot.
  •  Now if your pc supports network hosting then type this command 
        netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=HotspotName key=Password

  • This will create a hotspot but currently offline, and do not forget to change HotspotName and Password with your desired HotspotName and password.
  • To start the hotspot you just created type
          netsh wlan start hostednetwork
  • To check hotspot status type
               netsh wlan show hostednetwork
  • To stop Hotspot just type
               netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

 Note: If you want to share your internet connection on this network 
  •  Go to the "Network and Sharing Center" and click on "Change adapter settings".
  •  Here Right click on the connection that you used to connect to the internet and select "Properties". 
  • In Properties go to sharing tab and check the box "Allow other network users to connect to this computer's Internet Connection".
  • Now select the network name that is used by your Hotspot.(In this case, check the Network Connection Window and look for Connection which says Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter).
  • And save it.
 Now your internet connection is shared.

That's it guys hope you find this helpful. If you come across any problems just let me know in the comment section.

Thank you for checking out this post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Fix Bluetooth not Working in Kali Linux

Hello everyone, how are you guys? Good? Cool. Quick question, Do you like our new theme? Let us know in the comments. so this article is for you if you are running Linux and your Bluetooth is not working. So I am here to help you fix that. It will be up and running in no time.

How to Flash TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Star Advance (SM-G350E)

Hi guys, I am back with another flashing guide. I had this Samsung phone lying around, so I thought about experimenting on it with custom rom. So I started searching for custom recovery, and I find out that this device is not officially supported by TWRP, but I got my hands on unofficial build of TWRP. Well I have to tell you, flashing TWRP on this device wasn't an easy task (mainly because, their isn't any simple guide available).

How to Fix Linux Boot stuck at initramfs

Last night I was using linux mint and it was working fine until I rebooted my pc and saw this And I was like What? What the hell is that? And mint wasn't booting up. So I did what we all do. Yup, Google! And I found this working solution. Now you must be wondering if there is already a solution available on the internet why the hell did you write this post? Mainly because it was all scattered around in pieces and I wanted to put it all together. Now let's fix this.