Skip to main content

How to Find Wi-Fi Password on windows using CMD

If you wanna know the password of your own wifi network that you are connected to or have connected before, then this post is for you. Today I will show you how to find the wifi password on windows  using cmd. Please note that this is not a hacking guide, however if you want a hacking guide on WiFi then please click here.



Find the wifi password on windows

Open Command Prompt in administrator mode.
Right click on start menu choose command prompt (Admin).
After command prompt shows up enter this command:

netsh wlan show profile name=YOURSSIDHERE key= clear
 
 

 Remember to replace YOURSSIDHERE with the name of your Wireless SSID (this is the name of the Wi-Fi network that you connect your computer to). The password will show up under the Security Setting section.

If you would only like to see the password and not the other information, use the findstr command:

netsh wlan show profile name=YOURSSIDHERE key=clear | findstr Key




If you do not see the password, probably you’ve not opened the command prompt window as administrator.


Start WLAN AutoConfig (Wlansvc Service)

 If you are using this technique to retrieve WiFi password on your windows computer and getting an error that says - The wireless AutoConfig Service (wlansvc) is not running
 Here is the simple fix:

Press and hold windows key and R (windows+r) this will open Run box, in the run box type "services.msc" and hit enter. This will open your services, scroll down and check if WLAN Autoconfig service is in Running state, If not start it. 

Comments

  1. i think i cannot understand well

    ReplyDelete
  2. The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing.. <a href="http://www.etisalcom.com>Telecom Service Bahrain</a>

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Fix Bluetooth not Working in Kali Linux

Hello everyone, how are you guys? Good? Cool. Quick question, Do you like our new theme? Let us know in the comments. so this article is for you if you are running Linux and your Bluetooth is not working. So I am here to help you fix that. It will be up and running in no time.

How to Flash TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Star Advance (SM-G350E)

Hi guys, I am back with another flashing guide. I had this Samsung phone lying around, so I thought about experimenting on it with custom rom. So I started searching for custom recovery, and I find out that this device is not officially supported by TWRP, but I got my hands on unofficial build of TWRP. Well I have to tell you, flashing TWRP on this device wasn't an easy task (mainly because, their isn't any simple guide available).

How to Fix Linux Boot stuck at initramfs

Last night I was using linux mint and it was working fine until I rebooted my pc and saw this And I was like What? What the hell is that? And mint wasn't booting up. So I did what we all do. Yup, Google! And I found this working solution. Now you must be wondering if there is already a solution available on the internet why the hell did you write this post? Mainly because it was all scattered around in pieces and I wanted to put it all together. Now let's fix this.